New North Hall
New North Hall soon after it opened in 1960.
Constructed as a dormitory for men, New North Hall was built on the site of the campus barn, which had been built in 1894 and demolished in the summer of 1958. The hall was built to replace old North, which had served as the primary men's dorm on campus since 1921. Originally able to accommodate 200 students, it was renamed Northumberland Hall in 1970 and also contained a lounge, recreation rooms, and laundry room, in addition to an apartment for the Dean of Men. Today the residence hall is co-ed and has an addition that was added onto the front of the building in 2006. This provided for a new lobby and waiting area one floor higher that before, as well as an education room on the second level.
Return to Map