The Training School


(The Kindergarten class at play in the Training School building, which was demolished in 1967 to provide space for the Scranton Commons.  The Training School consisted of kindergarten classes and grades one through nine.)


A Socialized Recitation in the Junior High School

(A junior high class.  The room was located in Institute Hall, which was renamed Carver Hall in 1927.  The classrooms were removed for administrative offices when the building was remodeled in 1953.)


Playground on Campus

(The Training School playground was located on the terraced lawn to the west of the North Hall dormitory.  The campus had 19 acres with ample space for the lawns and athletic grounds.  Most of the site of the playground equipment is now taken up by the Kehr Union building.)


Return to Views of BSNS main page