Normal School Classrooms

The Art Studio

(The Art Department was located in Science Hall, as it is today.  This was a studio on the upper floor.)


Gymnasium Class

(A class in the old gymnasium.  It was built in 1894 and used until the opening of Centennial Gym in 1942.  Fans watched basketball games from the running track or sides of the gym until additions with permanent bleachers were built in 1928 and 1932.)

Industrial Arts

(Examples of toys and other items made by students in the Industrial Arts Department.  It was located in the large, well-lighted basement of the Training School building, which was renamed Noetling Hall in 1927.)


Return to Views of BSNS main page