Campus Grounds

The Lagoon

(The fountain and lagoon located in the campus grove.  The landscaping work was the gift of the Class of 1908.  This was at the present location of the southeast corner of the Montour Hall dormitory.)




Lengthening Shadows

(View from the dormitory looking west towards the Town of Bloomsburg.  The town at this time had 8000 residents, was accessible by three major railroads, and was connected with neighboring communities by electric railroads. )

"Far Above the River Winding"

(View of the Susquehanna River Valley and Catawissa Mountain taken from the upper campus where the Nelson Field House and Redman Stadium are now located.  The normal school buildings, situated about 150 feet above the river, can be seen just beyond the trees in the right foreground.)

Return to Views of BSNS main page